21 August 2008

19th – Carlie leaves us :(

Off to the slums again today to teach some children English and maths. I felt I was doing all of the work as the teacher sat back and did sweet F A while I wrote exercises on the blackboard and marked the children’s answers. I was at the school with English Sarah (A twenty-one year old pharmacy graduate from Kent) and she taught the class next door. The classes were quite small (only twenty kids in the school today having extra tuition), I’m told that during term time they fit two-hundred-and-ten pupils in a school that would be uncomfortably small for more than about sixty kids.

We all stopped off at the shopping mall on the way home to pick up supplies. Katharine went to the post office to find out how much it would cost to post her ridiculous amount of souvenirs back to England. A lot, I’m guessing.

Caroline finished her packing when we got home. I’m not sure how Sarah’s trip to the U.S. embassy to get an emergency passport went. I helped Carlie with her luggage to the car and all of us saw the two of them off. Christine went with them to the airport and hasn’t come back yet. The flight was an hour ago at the time of writing and I’m a housemate down as it is without Christine disappearing too.

No comments: