25 August 2008

23rd – Nairobi Masai market

Lay in! Woo!

Aww, all of the girls have been planning this trip to the market in town to pick up even more souvenirs. I didn’t want to go because I knew I would be pestered for the whole day and be suckered into buying some cheap crap for more than it’s worth. I went because I didn’t want to be left alone.

I bought a few bits and bobs, most of which I felt immediate remorse over. Fortunately, I didn’t bring much money, so I couldn’t spend the extortionate amount of money that the others did. We had lunch at a fairly decent place and, as such, I couldn’t afford any of the food. I made do with the garlic bread I ordered and the chips I relieved from Laylah, Hannah and American Jenny, and the ice cream KA shared with me. Best meal ever.

Back at base, we sat and watched episode after episode of ‘The Vicar of Dibley’ until about 20:00 when we went to see the Irish girls at the café to wish them farewell as they leave tomorrow.

No comments: