14 August 2008

14th - Knackered

I don't know why, I'm just exhausted a lot recently. I also woke up today to a powercut across all of Limru, which I'm told is very common and it's a miracle I haven't seen it happen before during my week and a half stay.


Pharmacy again today. Evans and I were a lot busier this time, I even got the chance to give an injection. The only needles we had were huge, nasty ones that would hurt like hell and probably leave a scar, so Evans wanted me to get a canular into the woman and inject through that. I thought canulars were expensive. As I was pushing, all I could think was how gutted I would be if she dropped dead right now. Practice makes perfect, though.


By the end of the placement day, I hopped into Bernard's minibus eager to eat the sandwich Peter, Brackenhurst's African Impact cook chef guy, had made me earlier. Dissapointment washed quickly over me as the crappy, sweet Kenyan bread fell instantly apart when I pulled it out of the bag, spilling the sandwich contents over my lap. Fine!

Bin, shop, doughnut, mmmmmm.


Back at Brackenhurst, I went for a very long walk through the tea fields nearby. I've been meaning to do so since I first arrived here over a week ago, but everyone else did it earlier without telling me, so I went on my own. It really is beautiful. I took a few pictures, but felt it was an insult to the vistas, recording them with the crappy camera I borrowed from my mother (it really does suck, mum, but I do appreciate you lending it to me).

No comments: