29 July 2008

Five days to go!

I'm off this Sunday and I can't help but feel the onset of terror. Plus I was blackmailed by my supervisor into working a six day week this week, which I'm not too happy about. Less available time to sort out all of the last little bits and bobs.

My last day at work is Thursday. Then I never have to go back there ever again!!!! Woo! Had a sort-of leaving do thing, which was actually for my department manager, whom leaves the same day as me. It was pretty cool, though left lots of really-nasty-looking-but-not-that-painful bruises. I wouldn't mind going go-carting (why are there so many hyphens in this post?) again, though paintballing is closer to the top of the list. Or skydiving again... that's number one.
We all got drunk afterwards, Bell probably got naked as usual (too drunk to remember) and he most certainly injured himself requiring a trip to A+E (also as usual... sigh). Overall, a great night for all. Except Bell.

I've yet to go about visiting all of my friends and family one last time before I jet off. Still got to plan what I'm packing, sort out how much cash I'm taking and in which currency. Also I need to budget and whatnot for the safari I now plan to go on. I know a few people that have been on safari that have told me what an unforgettable experience it is.

I've found out that I'm on the same flights out there as at least one other person on my program (Kate Fox. She seems pretty cool). So if I get lost in Doha during the connection, at least I have good company to talk to.

Note to self: Buy a book to read on the flight ready for the quite likely event the in-flight movie just happens to be one of the worst films ever made (You're such a movie snob!) and you aren't sat next to Kate on the flight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you in Kenya yet? Are you in Kenya yet? Are you in Kenya yet?

Bring me back a lion or I'll be verrrrry upset. Also, yay for having two rooms to myself for a month! :D

Steve:- said...

They sell Maryland cookies here, will that do as a souvenir? And please don't piss on my bed.

Unknown said...

I can get Maryland cookies here. But where can you see lions? Only in Kenya.

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/

Anyway, the toilet is allllll the way downstairs. No deal.